The NagataConnex Difference
Knowledge of the market
- We have over 20 years experience specializing in legal recruitment
- We are lawyers with first-hand experience in the profession
- We develop strong relationships with clients and candidates
- We strive to continually understand the shifting landscape of the Canadian legal market
Quality over quantity
- We appreciate that each client has its own needs and expectations, and tailor our search accordingly
- We know your time is valuable so we only forward the materials of exceptional candidates for your search
- We hold in-depth interviews of all candidates prior to introducing them to you
- We provide detailed assessments for each shortlisted candidate
Fit is not just a catch phrase
- We take a limited number of mandates so we can devote more time to understanding your organization, its people and its culture
- Our interview style exposes more than what is on a resume
- We know that the success of any business is dependant on exceptional workplace relationships
- We know that successful long-term placement requires finding someone who “fits” with your organization
Some of our happy clients
At NagataConnex, we have grown almost exclusively as a result of referrals from satisfied clients and candidates.
What our clients have to say about us.
NagataConnex promise to me was that they would deliver a short list of qualified candidates by an agreed date, which is exactly what they did. They then provided sage advice to help me assess the candidates for the best "fit". NagataConnex worked to ensure a good match for both employer and candidate, which gave us the best possible start in the employment relationship.
This was our first general counsel search and NagataConnex held our hands through the process. First, Lorene led us through a thoughtful and methodical process to properly dimension the legal skills, experience, and relevant industry knowledge that best addressed the needs of our young, high growth broadband business. There was no doubt, after completing the first round of interviews, with an exceptional group of candidates, that her methodology had paid off. Next, there was the "softer" challenge of ensuring a high degree of cultural fit between the candidates and the organization. In closing, we are delighted with the outcome: we have a new senior team member who will contribute strong legal expertise to challenging business issues; who will bring an abundance of business acumen and experience to the strategic leadership and direction of the company; and whom the organization will enjoy working with!
We've worked with Lorene Nagata since 1999 and have always been impressed with the service she's provided. She astutely sought to understand our unique corporate culture and has been most effective in communicating the excitement and variety of a career with our organization to prospective candidates. As a client we quickly developed a strong relationship of trust with Lorene due to her easy going style and sincere interpersonal skills. Lorene has been instrumental to our success in building a team of exceptionally talented lawyers who work extremely well together and within our corporate culture. We're privileged to have her on our side.
We have used Lorene Nagata and her team for many searches. Their level of service is top rate. They deliver a high level of "personal service with integrity" that is rare in the industry. Importantly, results are consistently high quality, exhibited by an excellent match of candidates with the position and the culture of our organization.
Nagataconnex assisted us in building a strong, vibrant in-house legal team. Lorene and Ken were extremely professional and diligent in their efforts on our behalf. They remained focused on meeting our needs, including investing the time required. We would highly recommend Nagataconnex.
Our Manager - Recruiting, advised specifically that working with Ken Ng was an absolute pleasure! She did not feel the high pressure sell that is evident with so many agencies. If we needed to contact Ken he always responded quickly. When given the requirements/specs of the job, he compiled a list of excellent candidates in a very short period of time.
During a period of rapid growth for NRCC, Lorene Nagata of Nagataconnex was tasked with the challenge of finding strong candidates to potentially staff NRCC's expanding in-house legal department. Lorene worked diligently at understanding our business so that she could effectively describe NRCC's unique organizational culture to applicants and the exciting opportunity awaiting them in the newly established legal department. Lorene's positive attitude and willingness to solicit as well as receive feedback enabled her to respond effectively to NRCC's needs, resulting in the hiring of two exceptional counsel. NRCC is confident that its working relationship with Nagataconnex will continue into the future as the organization further expands.